Site Council/Booster Club Meeting Minutes
January 11, 2021; 4:15-5:30 p.m.
Meeting via Zoom
Site Council Members Attendees:
Adriana Henderson (Principal), Jade Gotter (Secretary)
Staff: Alyssa Bartosh, Stephanie Foley, Christine Kroeze, Kyle Schwarting, Tony Sobaskie
Parents: Lisa Mushett (Chair), Sara Benson, Nalini Chalamalla, Kristin Lindstam, Kristine West (Parent Leader)
Absent: Kevin Beckers, Amy Peters, Joe Longtin
Booster Club Members Attendees:
Lisa Mushett (Chair), Nicole Henry (Treasurer), Talia Campbell (Volunteer Coordinator), Chad Bartlett (Parent
Leader), Christopher Bates, Ginny Bendickson, Pathik Shah
Absent: Maryan Abdi, Hajira Siddiqui
Next Meeting Date: February 8, 2021 – Site council (4:10-4:45 p.m.); Booster Club (4:45-5:30 p.m.)
Minutes Taker - Kristin Lindstam
Approval of November 2020 Minutes Motion: Christopher Bates; Second: Chad Bartlett; Minutes Approved by All
Principal’s Report/Celebrations (Adriana & Alyssa)
● Transition to Return To School: We are working on class lists as we transition to in-person learning. Jan
13 is a staff development day. Jan 19/20 are no student contact days as teachers prepare for in-person
learning. Communication to families regarding the new learning model will be sent by the end of the week.
We are still continuing our Digital Academy, but some students have chosen to move to in-person school. If
no learning model was changed, then teachers remain the same. Students will be in this learning model
through the end of the year.
● Grant updates: Through Schipp grant, we are offering professional learning and materials for staff. We are
also offering mindful movement opportunities for families on Zoom. The Peacemakers Foundation has given
a grant for teachers to be able to buy own playground equipment (necessary due to covid restrictions). An
additional $2000 has been received for additional future work.
● Testing Update: Due to the pandemic, a lot of standardized testing is on pause. Blanket letters will come
out to the community as they are available. Questions can be directed to Alyssa. Magnet lottery happened
today, and families will be notified soon if they are accepted at GH for the next school year. Magnet Schools
of America will not be choosing schools for awards this year.
Old Business & Updates
● Parent Leader Reports (Kristine/Chad) - Most of the parent meeting was spent on discussing the
transition to Distance Learning, which is no longer relevant since we are now moving back to in-person
learning. Covid protocols were also discussed. Positive cases should be communicated to the school for
monitoring and tracking. The next meeting would be tomorrow (1/12/21), but it has been cancelled.
● Parent Forum (if requested) - Any parent within the school can come to express concerns. We will be
promoting this in the future.
● GH Site/Booster Club Structure Task Force Update (Lisa) - A group of seven SC/BC members looked
through the bylaws and came up with clear boundaries for the two groups and highlights are listed here.
■ Site Council is made up of admin, teachers, and parents. The SC works with principal and
staff to discuss matters with the school and the school budget and the school’s mission.
■ The Booster Club is the fundraising arm, and is made up of parents only. The eight
members have voting rights about how the money is distributed.
■ The Site Council makes recommendations to the Booster Club.
■ The chair (Lisa) will be the liaison between the two groups.
■ The BC meeting is open to any parent, but the SC is a finite group.
■ The SC can give updates about budget to BC.
■ SC will meet at the beginning of the allotted time. BC would meet afterwards.
■ SC will meet every other month (five times a year).
■ Voting can happen on SC alone, BC alone, or a SC and BC joint vote (such as how to run
■ The chair and the principal and the volunteer coordinator will be in contact with each other
regarding all matters..
■ Even though the groups are separate, SC members are also able to attend the BC
meetings to give feedback. BC values the staff input. Only BC members can vote on how
money is spent.
■ If more than eight parents are interested in being on BC, modifications have been made
for how elections will work. Candidates would complete an application in March/April
(communication would be sent to families). If more than eight, we would notify families that
an election would take place in an open forum at a meeting. SC/BC would elect the new
members. Parent selection to Site Council would follow the same procedure,
■ The treasurer and the chair will have a background check prior to taking the position, paid
for by the BC. The school may choose to do a background check for the volunteer
■ Financial records will be available online so there is more transparency.
■ It is important that members attend. If members miss two or more consecutive meetings
(with no communication given for absence), a discussion may happen between the chair
and the member and possibly the principal (not in a punitive way but to better understand
■ SC needs more parent and staff representatives - six parents, chairperson (also a parent),
five staff members (K-2 teacher, 3-5 teacher, one specialist, two at-large (could be
parents), AA, 12 month secretary, and principal.
■ Need to make clear that a parent cannot serve on both Site Council and Booster Group as
we want to have as many parent voices as possible. Lisa will add this in the bylaws.
■ Email Lisa if there are any other suggestions regarding bylaws for both groups -
■ The goal is to have this in place for next school year, but we try a trial run for now. SC will
run from 4:10-4:45. BC will run from 4:45-5:30. Principal report will be done at SC
meeting. Chairperson would share these details with BC. The parent/teacher leader
update will happen at both meetings.
Booster Club Financial Report (Nicole)
● Balance sheet report - $44K in the bank at end of December. Biggest disbursement, $16.2K. Husky Hustle
money is still coming in.
● Issue with Eagan Foundation Scholarship Check - should have been cashed awhile back. $550 will be for a
scholarship this spring (including $50 admin fee).
● We will update financial projections in the spring once we know what is happening with the Carnival.
● Student Council may have separate groups for Digital Academy and in-person school.
Program Updates (As needed) - In the future, if we could have the report for these areas in advance of the meeting
and include them in the agenda and take questions where needed
● Volunteer Coordinators Report (Talia) - See below.
● Food Nights Update (Lisa) – Bay Leaf Indian Cuisine: $292.35; Papa Murphy’s: $234.91 – Both checks
have been received; Next food night: Wednesday, Feb. 3, at Chipotle (3324 Promenade Ave., Ste. 107,
Eagan, 55121); 5-9 p.m. - will receive 33% of proceeds.
● Community Culture Event Update (Talia) - We will have a Digital Cultural Event that spans more than one
night. More detail to come.
● Husky Hustle Update (Talia) - Update will come next month
● Carnival Update (N/A) - No update
● School Supply Update (Harija) - No update
● Square 1 Art Update (Raekell) - No update
● Box Tops Update (Katie) - Box tops won’t do a grade competition this year but will do a schoolwide
competition in February (no contact from volunteers). The committee is meeting next week to discuss what
$$ amount they want to set as a goal and what type of prize is possible that impacts all students both DA
and in-person (spirit day, silly activity by administration or teacher, read in, etc) Remember to download the
boxtops app and it can be used with shipt and delivery apps. Also, Katie is looking for someone to take over
boxtops next year. If you are interested e-mail Talia at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Paper box
tops will still be accepted.
● School-wide Online Social Event Follow-Up (Lisa/Talia) - All school digital cookbook, cultural sharing,
etc, will happen this month. What can we do in future months? We want to make our community feel united
even though students are in two different learning models.
● Site Council Diversity Vision & Planning Task Force (Adriana) - We are trying to diversify our parent
voices on Site Council. How can we engage all of our families that want to be a part of a group like this?
What actions do we need to take? No more updates at this time.
● Spring Fundraisers (Lisa/Talia) - Tabled until next month. Plan for virtual events for the time being.
● Amazon Smile can be done through the app, which is much easier to use. We will work to get how to
connect this to family Amazon accounts in our next newsletter.
● We will also send out calendar invites for meetings in the future.
Motion To Adjourn: Motion: Talia Campbell; Second: Tony Sobaskie
November 2020 Minutes
October 2020 Minutes
December 2019 Minutes
November 2019 Minutes
October 2019 Minutes
April 2019 Minutes